[vtkusers] vtkHardwareSelection produces bad a bad result

s61500 at htw-dresden.de s61500 at htw-dresden.de
Mon Oct 18 09:10:50 EDT 2010

I think pictures will be the best illustration of the problem.

http://www2.htw-dresden.de/~s61500/example_sphere.png

1. window --> viewport
2. window --> result with RenderWindow size of [300, 300]
3. window --> result with RenderWindow size of [1000, 1000]
4. window --> result with RenderWindow size of [1000, 1000]

http://www2.htw-dresden.de/~s61500/example_testobject.png

1. window --> viewport
1. row --> result with RenderWindow size of [300, 300]
2. row --> result with RenderWindow size of [1000, 1000]

http://www2.htw-dresden.de/~s61500/example_testobject2.png

- detailed view of the problem

I hope that the screenshots clarify the problem in the best way.

Stefan

> Can you clarify what you mean by the result isn't right?
>
> David E DeMarle
> Kitware, Inc.
> R&D Engineer
> 28 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-371-3971 x109
>

> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 1:12 PM, <s61500 at htw-dresden.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> upon finding the error in the example code I noted that the result
isn't right.

>> The example code can you find here:
>>
>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/Filtering/ExtractVisibleCells
>>
>> I find out that you get a better result when you set the size of the
vtkRenderWindow higher.
>> But with a size of [1000,1000] I don't get a perfect result by my test
sphere object with 27.000 triangles. To set the window size high enough
couldn't be the right way, because the program will work with nets of 1
million triangles.