[vtkusers] Getting started with Java in VTK

Jonathan Morra jonmorra at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 16:33:42 EDT 2010

I'm new to VTK and am interested in writing a very simple medical image
viewer that can view a 3D volume at three orthogonal planes and have the
user click around on various planes to navigate through the data.  I was
able to get VTK compiling and examples running in Java, however I'm unsure
how to get the native VTK windows to interact with Java swing.  Ideally, I'd
like there to be no VTK windows, and have everything live inside of Swing
components.  Can anyone point me to some example code or good reading to
help getting started with this in Java?

Thanks