[vtkusers] Problem with vtkClipPolyData

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Oct 4 14:57:28 EDT 2010

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 14:18:31 -0400, Bill Lorensen said:

>You are correct. vtk does not have a PolyData/PolyData clipper. The
>article suggested by Eric works great and is easy to build. It does
>rely on third party libraries that are LGPLed, so keep that in mind.

Bill,

What are the prospects of getting that VTK Journal submission into VTK?

Would GTS' use of the LGPL be a problem?  Would there be a problem
having yet another 3rd party lib in VTK?  (I'd never heard about GTS,
but I poked around their website and it looks to me that the project is
not at all active.)

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com