[vtkusers] vtkImageData::FindCell

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 11:14:18 EST 2010

> FindCell does what it is supposed to.  The documentation says:
> "Returns cellId >= 0 if inside, < 0 otherwise."
>   - David

Changing the query point from

double p[3] = {1.0,1.0,1.0};

double p[3] = {0.9,0.9,0.9};

returns the cell id of 0 as it should.

I thought the tolerance parameter (which I've set to 10.0) determined
if the point was "inside"? Since (1.0,1.0,1.0) is less than 10.0 away
from all of the cells, shouldn't it be considered "inside"?

Also, the documentation for vtkImageData::FindCell is not helpful:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageData.html#a649a10235c8fdf88b110cb763149cabd

should the documentation of vtkDataSet::FindCell
(http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkDataSet.html#a2221c10d3c4cca44e82c5ef70e4e1cbd)
be duplicated? Or at  least link directly to vtkDataSet::FindCell from
vtkImageData::FindCell ?

David