[vtkusers] Execute filter asynchronous

Jan Linxweiler linxweil at irmb.tu-bs.de
Fri Nov 26 08:04:28 EST 2010

Hello all,

Is it possible to run the visualization (execute filters and and maybe mappers) asychronous from the rendering thread?

I've got a simulation that is producing results in a separate thread. Those are presented in the UI thread. I'd like to execute (long running) visualizations in the simulation thread and then do the final rendering (of the actors) in the UI thread. Is this possible and when can you point me to an example code or give be a hint to google for?

Thank you for your help,

Jan