[vtkusers] ESRI + Stream Animation

Manu Kaul manu.kaul at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 06:45:18 EST 2010

Hi All,

I use Python VTK recently for a scientific visualisation course and now I
have another project where I want to read in an ESRI file with the details
of a map and on this map I want to display the results of a "stream" in some
sort of stream ribbon or even vector lines in an animation! Ideally I would
like this to be 3D as I would like it to have a "wow factor" :)
So I was wondering if someone could give me a hand in understanding what
will be needed in VTK and if its even really possible to be done in VTK. I
am sure there is a way but I am not sure I know how.

Also if any VTK developers are interested in working on this project with me
then please feel free to contact me as I would certainly appreciate the
help. I have mostly visualised polygonal data for medical projects where the
input files were static so the concept of visualising a stream of data now
is a new challenge for me!

Cheers,
Manu

--

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and
falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.