[vtkusers] Viz Work at Keck Labs

Bob Palank bob at stlcc.org
Tue Nov 23 19:41:13 EST 2010

Interactive Viz - Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZPan4mFCQ&feature=related

Bob
-----Original Message-----
From: vtkusers-bounces at vtk.org [mailto:vtkusers-bounces at vtk.org] On Behalf
Of Affolter Martin
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:05 AM
To: 'Bill Lorensen'
Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] How to visualize thousands of actors with good
performance

Bill,

Thanks for your suggestion. I had tried static mappers before, unfortunately
without the Update()-call. Now I understand why the faces didn't show the
first time (only edges and vertices). Anyway I tried it again just now.
There is a slight performance increase noticable, but still no match to the
performance in VTK 4.4., where the scene (8000 actors) can be rotated
smoothly.

Not sure how to proceed... I've got other answers from the mailing list and
will look into them also.

Regards,

Martin Affolter