[vtkusers] error when building vtk snapshot

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Nov 23 13:24:37 EST 2010

You can try

make VERBOSE=1

and look at the command that it errors out on and it will probably be missing a -I/usr/include/python2.6 flag, but that won't really tell you why it's missing...

On my system, sip is installed (ran 'sudo make install' after building it from source), so I'm not trying to point to a sip header directory that's in my home path, and thus sip.h and Python.h both live in the same place. I wonder if there is some assumption built into the sip python wrapping build commands that both headers will be in the same place?

Sorry I can't be more help,
-Eric