[vtkusers] Interactive seed point selection based on QVTK Widget (urgent request for help!)

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 06:02:54 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Xiaopeng Yang <yxp233 at postech.ac.kr> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> Greetings!
>

> In my program for medical image segmentation, QVTK widget ImageViewer2 is
> used to visualize the images. Do you know what specific functions in VTK or
> ITK I can use to select and load seed point index to my code by simply
> clicking a point?
>

> I know that if imageplane widget is used, then by clicking a point, the seed
> point index and pixel value can be shown in the screen. But I do not know
> how to save those values to the code automatically at the same time as
> clicking that point. Meanwhile, I am not sure it is feasible or not to use
> imageplane widget in QVTK widget.
>

> Since the deadline for my program is approaching, any help will be greatly
> appreciated!
>

> Thank you,
>
> Xiaopeng

You may want to look at vtkImageTracerWidget:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageTracerWidget.html

Here is an example example usage:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Widgets/ImageTracerWidget

To get the points you handle one of the events (EndInteractionEvent
probably) and then use the GetPath function.

Also, there should be no problem using VTK widgets in a QVTK widget.
Here is an example:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Qt/BorderWidget

Good luck,

David