[vtkusers] How to use backface culling with polylines

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Sat Nov 20 11:51:46 EST 2010

Donny,
assuming all your coordinates are in meters,
What I was trying to say was project the altitude of the camera into the
earth sphere to locate the clipping plane.
so with the normal calculation you have :

altitude = distance - vtkGeoMath::EarthRadiusMeters();
clipdist = vtkGeoEarth::EarthRadiusMeters() - altitude;
pox = earthcenter[0]+(clipdist*nx);
poy = earthcenter[0]+(altitude*ny);
poz = earthcenter[0]+(altitude*nz);

Untested of course....