[vtkusers] vtk and fox toolkit, problem with recent vtk > 5.0 ?

pof jd379252 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 13:25:24 EST 2010

Hi all,

not really sure this is the right place to ask this question, but I have
to start somewhere.

I'm using for several years now VTK within a application developped with
the FOX toolkit.
For this purpose I use the vtkfox project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtkfox/) that provides
a VTK canvas widget FXVTKCanvas and an interactor
vtkFXRenderWindowInteractor.
These allow to have a vtk view within a Fox UI interface, and it works
well (until vtk5.0.4).

However, I recently upgraded my vtk version to 5.6, and I am having the
following spurious problem:
- From time to time (I would say between 5 to 20%), when i run the
program the vtk view is not displayed in the client view of the Fox
window frame, instead it appears as a pop up window on top of the
mainframe window.
- Note that this never occured when I was using vtk5.0 or lower.

I'm just wondering if I am the only one to have this problem,
and in case not, if it has been solved.
Thanks in advance.
JD