[vtkusers] vtkHyperOctree volume rendering

isa_restrepo isabelrestre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 17:22:49 EST 2010

Hi,

I am new to vtk but I've been able to render a volume stored in a
rectilinear data set via vtkImageData. I've use the vtkVolumeRayCastMapper
and vtkPiecewiseFunction for ray casting and opacity function. I was
attempting to do the same with data stored in a vtkHyperOctree but I haven't
managed to be successful. Can I do raycasting on the octree? Are there
mappers available for octree dataset? I looked at the hypertree examples but
they work with polyData, which is not what I'm looking for.
Is there a proper way to achieve volume rendering on octree data using vtk
classes?

Any help or hints will be much appreciated.

Isabel