[vtkusers] vtkGlobeSource SetCurtainHeight Has No Affect

Donny donnyz at charter.net
Sat Nov 13 15:00:17 EST 2010

Sorry Aashish I forgot to reply to all.

Thanks Aashish. I have attached a screenshot to visualize the problem. Maybe
you have a better solution. I have two globe source objects. The first is to
render a low resolution texture on a terrain patch of the whole United
States. The second is a high resolution texture of a smaller terrain patch
representing a small area of the United States. The curtain of the second
source is sticking above the first source. Can I use two separate textures
on the first globe source?

I have made the changes to vtkGlobeSource on my local copy. I am not
authorized as a contributor and until I am more familiar with the cvs
submission procedure I would rather you changed it. The following are the
changes I made:

In the vtkGlobeSource.h file I added:

vtkSetMacro(AutoCalculateCurtainHeight, int);

vtkGetMacro(AutoCalculateCurtainHeight, int);

int AutoCalculateCurtainHeight;

And in the vtkGlobeSource.cxx file I added:

            In the constructor:

                        this->AutoCalculateCurtainHeight = 1;

      In RequestData():

                        if(this->AutoCalculateCurtainHeight)

                  this->CurtainHeight =
(this->EndLongitude-this->StartLongitude)

*         this->Radius / 3600.0;

Thanks.