[vtkusers] New Java animation example on Wiki

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Thu Nov 11 20:02:34 EST 2010

All,
I created a new example of polydata modification to animate a scene in
Java on the wiki site as:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Java/Visualization/AnimDataCone

It appears there are numerous ways to accomplish the same task in vtk,
and I went back and forth between using a timerEvent callback and using
the Render StartEvent callback. I settled in the latter because it
appeared to fit into the exiting M key interaction event which is
defined as the "motion control". The animation is turned on and off via
the M key interaction which appears to be defined for all of the
existing interaction styles.

I have been studying VTK for some time, and I still do not have a clear
idea what might be the "intended paradigm". I would appreciate any
feedback in terms of pro's and con's, or general style comments
regarding vtk techniques.

Hope that helps,
Jim