[vtkusers] Get/Set values in scalar data

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 23:10:02 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:05 PM, John Haiducek <jhaiduce at gmail.com> wrote:
> Seb,
>
> Thanks for the tip. I noticed the methods GetTuple1, GetTuple2, etc.,
> but I was confused about the relationship between tuples and arrays. If
> scalar array values are found in Tuple 1, are the others used for
> elements of vector/tensor data, or for some other purpose?
>
> John

These GetTupleX functions are just for wrapped languages:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkDataArray.html#ae2e9640f480d6f1ab633052b495dc9a7

"Tuples" are the number of items in the array. "Components" are the
number of values in each tuple.

Say we have

(1,2,3), (4,5,6)

This is 2 tuples, each with 3 components.

David