[vtkusers] vtkExodusIIWriter: warning and segfault

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 20:13:05 EST 2010

I think I might have figured out where the warning message comes from:
The file "vtkExodusIIWriter.h" has never actually be installed on my
system! I see two issues here:

1. A misleading warning message. This probably has to do with how
Python wraps those C++ classes, and I'm not entirely sure if this is
something the PyVTK developers could address at all. Anyway, something
like "vtkExodusIIWriter.h not found!" would have been much more
helpful.

2. The vtkExodusIIWriter resides in the Parallel/ directory, and hence
only gets enabled if VTK is compiled with MPI support. This contrasts
with the fact that the writer works perfectly well in a
single-processor environment as well. Opinions?

Cheers,
Nico