[vtkusers] How To Texture Map a patch with vtkGlobeSource

Donny donnyz at charter.net
Fri Nov 5 20:02:45 EDT 2010

> Its amazingly fast to plot this data as a texture instead of trying to

> plot it as an image.

> Also, to get this to work, I had to make the lat/long range go from

> -180 to 180 and -90 to 90 since that is what my image is.  I realize

> in Donny's original example, he already had the USA image and just

> want to map that part.  I thought he was digging into a larger

> dataset.

So basically  you were using the entire globe right?

> If I just wanted to show a certain region specified by a given

> lat/long range, would any of the vtkGeo stuff be able to help me?  I'm

> ideally interested in viewing the data at the polar regions.

> It should if not let me know.

Hi Joey and Aashish.

I am actually calling the function SetDataVOI on vtkBMPReader to only load a
smaller region of the USA image. I am only interested in 250 mile sections.

It also increases the update time of the reader greatly. I did not see this
function on the vtkNetCDFCFReader. I think it is because it is not a
standard image format, just data. You might look at the SetDimensions
function of vtkNetCDFCFReader.

Donny Zimmerman

donnyz at charter.net