[vtkusers] cleaning vtkSilhouette result

nsarrasin nsarrasin at phenix-systems.com
Fri Nov 5 12:36:40 EDT 2010

> I'm not sure whether you recognized that the vtkPolyDataSilhouette filter
does not generate an output that lies on the view plane (mapped to the 2D
plane in 3D space) - it rather extracts edges of the 3D object - it will be
difficult to infer "connectivity" from these 3D parts.

Yes I was aware of this but before launching connectivityfilter I projected
the output on a plane.

My first idea was to project the output of vtkSilhouette on a plane (z=0)
then triangulate with vtkDelaunay2D (and set the silhouette's output as both
input and source to constraint the triangulation) and finally use silhouette
again.

The problem is that vtkDelaunay2D didn't worked on the output of
vtkSilhouette (still auto intersection problems I guess).

Anyway, than you very much Lars Friedrich Lars the combinaison of
vtkWindowToImageFilter & vtkContourFilter, since I don't need a great
accuracy, works perfectly !!