[vtkusers] vtk can render 3d image realtime?

kuan luan luannauk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 06:33:27 EDT 2010

Dear all,
I am a vtk beginner. I am trying to reconstruct a 3d medical image from 2d
images with spacial coordinates. I use vtk for reconstructing and surface
rendering.
now, I have a program for 3d reconstruction from 2d images offline.
My method is
  acquire a new 2d image with spacial coordiante,
  interpolate it into 3d vtkimage.
  render the 3d vtkimage with new 2d image added,
  a new vtkRenderWindow is created.
all procedure run in a while loop.

But, I want to implement it in realtime.
My problem is I can not render 3d reconstructed image with vtk in realtime.
How can the 3d vtkimage be rendered again in the same vtkRenderWindow
without creating a new one?  Is this possible using VTK?  If so please tell
me how to do it.

I'm using VTK5.4 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008.
Any advice is appreciated ;)
Thank you in advance.