[vtkusers] Problem with bugging additional window (QVTKWidget)

Erik Tuerke tuerke at cbs.mpg.de
Thu Nov 4 06:14:16 EDT 2010

Hi!

I want to create an application with qt and vtk using the QVTKWidget. My
problem is that for all QVTKWidgets i get an additional widget
(decoupled from my application). It appears that vtk creates this window
when i call the vtkRenderWindowInteractor::Initialize() function.

So here is my pipeline:

QVTKWidget *m_AxialWidget;
m_Image = vtkImageData::New();
m_ActorAxial = vtkActor::New();
m_MapperAxial = vtkDataSetMapper::New();
m_ExtractAxial = vtkImageClip::New();
m_RendererAxial = vtkRenderer::New();
m_WindowAxial = vtkRenderWindow::New();
m_InteractorAxial = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
m_InteractionStyleAxial = new ViewerInteractor(this, m_RendererAxial);
//my own interactor style

m_InteractorAxial->SetInteractorStyle( m_InteractionStyleAxial );
m_WindowAxial->SetInteractor( m_InteractorAxial );
m_WindowAxial->AddRenderer( m_RendererAxial );
m_ExtractAxial->SetInput( m_Image );
(..) //configuring m_ExtractAxial
m_ExtractAxial->Update();
m_MapperAxial->SetInput( m_ExtractAxial->GetOutput() );
m_ActorAxial->SetMapper( m_MapperAxial );
m_RendererAxial->AddActor( m_ActorAxial );
m_InteractorAxial->Initialize(); // <--------additional window appears
m_AxialWidget->SetRenderWindow( m_WindowAxial );
m_RendererAxial->ResetCamera();
m_AxialWidget->update();

How can i get rid of this window?

Thanks a lot!!!