[vtkusers] vtkExodusIIWriter: warning and segfault

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 19:28:52 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I was just trying to use the vtkExodusIIWriter through VTK 5.6.0's
Python interface, but got nothing else than

======================= *snip* =======================
EXODUSII: Warning: This code was compiled with exodusII version 4.81,
          but was linked with exodusII library version 4.93
          This is probably an error in the build process of this code.
Segmentation fault

While in principle this is quite explicit, I still don't know what I
am supposed to do. Rebuild VTK? I don't have exodus explicitly on my
system, so I was assumed it must sit somewhere in teh VTK package
anyway.

Any hints?

--Nico