[vtkusers] How To Texture Map a patch with vtkGlobeSource

Donny donnyz at charter.net
Tue Nov 2 00:01:58 EDT 2010

I have created a globe patch with vtkGlobeSource for the general area of the
United States (Lat 24 to 50 Deg, Lon -126 to -66 Deg.) using
SetLatitudeStart, SetLatitudeEnd ... I also have a .bmp image that
corresponds to these extents and cannot find a filter to generate the
texture coordinates for this patch so I can texture it. I tried
vtkTextureMapToSphere and turned auto generate sphere to off but it only
displayed a small portion of the image onto the patch. How can I generate
the texture coordinates for a patch such as this?

Thanks.

Donny Zimmerman