[vtkusers] using VTK 5.6 through Python 2.6 on windows

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 23:06:55 EDT 2010

The vtkxxxPythonD.dlls must not be renamed to .pyd.  Those are not
python modules.  They are DLLs that the python modules (like
vtkCommonPython.pyd) need.

If you built VTK correctly, you should already have
vtkCommonPython.pyd without having to rename any files.  All of the
file renaming that you have done is incorrect, none of these files
should ever be renamed.

  David