[vtkusers] CMAKE config for Release

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:33:02 EDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Racha <ramjoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem in using the release and debug mode. I got  debug error
> when i switch between mode (debug or release) in my project without
> returning to VTK. Indeed at every time i need to change the mode I have to
> compile VTK first with the desired mode then build my project.
>
> Is it normal ? Thanks
>
> Note: I don"t do any change in CMake

Are you using Visual Studio? If so NEVER Install VTK, ITK, GDCM ...

Just build all targets. When you build your dependent application set
the value of VTK_DIR, ITK_DIR ... to the location of your root build
folder for that project.

The reason for not installing is when you install it locks you into
using only the configuration that you installed vtk,itk ... in your
application since Visual Studio Debug and Release modes are
incompatible with each other.

John

John