[vtkusers] Create MetaImage (.mhd+.raw) from an Unstructured Grid

Álvaro González Lorente sapito_verbenero at hotmail.com
Sat May 22 12:26:32 EDT 2010

Hello, I am trying to create a meta-image from an unstructured grid using VTK (with specific values in each of the U-Grid nodes). As far as I know, there are only two classes in VTK that work with metaimage data, vtkMetaImageReader and vtkMetaImageWriter, which do not seem useful at all for this purpose.

What I would like to do is convert my unstructured grid and its nodes' values into a metaimage. My guess is that some interpolation would be involved in this conversion, but I supposse that would come along with the converter. Has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks in advance