[vtkusers] Shrink Wrapping/Membrane surface with VTK

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed May 12 18:01:30 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter with a Source might do something that is acceptable.

Interesting - it kind of works:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/PolyData/ConvexHull_ShrinkWrap

It sounds like in the algorithm I was looking at there are a couple of
"forces" (it sounds like something similar to a spring model) that can
be tweaked to change how non-convex the result is allowed to be. Using
vtkSmootPolyDataFilter, the result seems to be convex no matter what.
Am I missing an option? Or is this not designed for that?

Thanks,

David