[vtkusers] Screenshots

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Tue May 11 13:57:08 EDT 2010

If you have a not too old graphics card (like nVidia GeForce>=6), use
vtkWindowToImageFilter but also set the render window in offscreen
mode (vtkRenderWindow method SetOffScreenRendering(bool)).

It will use FBO (frame buffer object) during rendering, there will be
no OpenGL pixel ownership test issue (the fact that in on screen mode,
if a window is partly covered by another one make the part covered
undefined)

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Chris Turner
<cturnercomplex at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm running an longtime experiment and want to capture screenshots of
> different stages. I use the vtkWindowToImageFilter and it works as
> long as the VTK Window is on top of the desktop. When I'm on a other
> desktop (I'm under linux) or when the screensaver is on I get a
> screenshot of my other desktop or the screensaver. (The screenshot is
> actually cropped to the exact size of my vtk Window - but doesn't show
> the VTK window)
>
> So first of all is this suppose to be so or am I doing something wrong?
>
> 2. Is there another way to capture a vtk scene in an Image. Without
> using vtkWindowToImageFilter or without needing the VTk window on top
> of everything.....
>

> Thanks,
> Chris

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive