[vtkusers] vtkFFMPEGWriter in windows..

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed May 5 07:21:42 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Rakesh Patil <rakeshthp at in.com> wrote:

> Hello users,
>
> I want to create a movie file.(AVI file). I am using vtkAVIWriter. But
> vtkAVIWriter strictly works only for windows. Later on i would like to port
> my source code on LINUX.. Then this wont work. So I was trying to link this
> with FFMPEG. I'm unable to link FFMPEG libraries with VTK. I downloaded the
> source from their official website (www.ffmpeg.org) I used mingw to
> install. And it generated lib*.a files... I gave the path of this in CMAkE
> and configured... But when cmake generated visual studio file, all the
> projects were not compiled and gave error.
>
> Can anyone tell me how do i link FFMPEG libraries with VTK.??
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
> Rakesh Patil

This definitely needs a tutorial, for what to do and what is possible in
both Windows and Linux.

A good starting point to assemble this tutorial is to fix these examples:
http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples#Testing_Needed

Here is a good place to start assembling any information anyone has:
http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Tutorials/SavingVideos
<http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples#Testing_Needed>
Thanks,

David