[vtkusers] Busted Qt Examples

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 14:03:42 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 2:01 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> > All,
> > When you find something missing in the examples, please add it! Or at
> least
> > bring it to our attention! The whole point of the examples is so that
> things
> > like this do not have be figured out repeatedly.
> > Thanks,
> >
> Okay, will try in the future. Normally, should we try to contact the
> original author of the example first? I always worry about changing
> someone else's work without them knowing.
>
> John

I'd say if something is definitely wrong, then go ahead and change it. If it
is an opinion-based thing ("I think the background should be blue instead of
black") I'd say it'd be nice to have a discussion with the author. I always
click "watch" at the top of the examples I write - the wiki then informs me
via email when someone has edited the page. I'd definitely recommend
everyone do this when they create or edit pages.

Thanks,

David