[vtkusers] How to extract vtkImageData from vtkDICOMImageReader

Xiaofeng Z xf10036 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 23:28:51 EDT 2010

Hello,

I use vtkDICOMImageReader to load a CT series:

vtkDICOMImageReader* reader = vtkDICOMImageReader::New();
reader.SetDirectoryName("...");
reader->Update();
vtkImageData* image = reader->GetOutput();

I was able to load the CT series without issue.  The problem is as soon as I call reader::Delete(), the data in "image" appeared to be wiped out.  Is there anyway to retain the vtkImageData object without having to keep the vtkDICOMImageReader object?

Thanks!

Xiaofeng Zhao