[vtkusers] Boolean Operation on two (cube) objects

이정규 glazex2 at naver.com
Fri Mar 19 15:24:23 EDT 2010

Hello Sebastian,

I would look for the right filter that vtk has.. otherwise I'll do the
following(for union operation. other operations will be similar)

1. get all geometry of two objects that you want to perform union operation.
2. compute points that are inside the object A and object B by testing point
in tetrahydron(I forget the formula but it's simple combination of dot and
cross products)
3. eliminate one point by one point while fixing topology.
4. merge the result and send it back to vtk

Sorry for not being much help.
--
Jeonggyu Lee