[vtkusers] Get the cells ids after a Clipping ?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 10:54:52 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM, steve harris
<steve.harris18 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>

> I was wondering if it was possible to get all the cells's ids of the
> clipping output ?
>

> basically I'm using vtkClipPolyData to clip ... a polydata, it works in the
> clipper->GetOutput there is all the cells that was inside
> my implicit function. But now I need to know the Ids of that cells...
>

> Is it possible ? If so.. How can I get them ?
>

> Regards,
> Steve

Something like this:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/ImplicitDataSet

but there is a problem with this code - the clipped set seems to
contain all of the IDs? Surely I have just done something wrong - if
you can figure it out, can you please fix the example?

Thanks,

David