[vtkusers] Cannot see imagedata behind transparent polydata

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Wed Mar 10 10:03:13 EST 2010

There is no image3DActor in VTK. The only class with a similar name is
vtkImageActor. Are you talking about this one?

Does your OpenGL implementation has the required extensions?

ref: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Depth_Peeling#Required_OpenGL_extensions

Also, step 1 and 2 have to be called before the first render, they
cannot be changed after that:
1. renderWindow->SetAlphaBitPlanes(1);
2. renderWindow->SetMultiSamples(0);

ref: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Depth_Peeling#VTK_calls

The other steps can be called at any time and will be effective at the
next call the renderWindow->Render(), like:
renderer->SetUseDepthPeeling(1);
or
renderer->SetUseDepthPeeling(0);