[vtkusers] OSX 10.6 TCL issue "libvtkRendering.5.4.dylib: GC capability mismatch" ( solution too )

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Mar 5 12:56:43 EST 2010

Nope. All you are going to accomplish is generate a pile of noise on
the vtk mailing list from Mac programmers who are on 10.6 but have to
support customers on 10.4 (yes, it happens). Then we have to go and
write up a wiki explaining that the defaults for vtk are WRONG and
don't really work well on OS X and _these_ are the settings that one
has to use to get it correctly built on OS X.
an X11 app (ParaView version 2.x). It RARELY built correctly on OS X
with its default build values and ALWAYS generated list traffic from
OS X users wanting to build it. Do the work now to get it right.
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio