[vtkusers] use of vtkInformationKey

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Mar 5 09:00:33 EST 2010

vtkInformation is a map, the keys typed (vtkInformationKey and its
subclasses) the values that are stored in the map are more or less
arbitrary. vtkInformationVectors are arrays of maps.

vtkInformation::Has(),Get(),Set() and Remove() are what you need to
work with them.

vtkDataObjects, vtkAlgorithms and vtkExecutives all have instances of
vtkInformation.  And as David noted, vtkInformation's are usually used
as storage for things that are related to pipeline connectivity and
flow.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer