[vtkusers] vtkAppendPolyData()..

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Mon Mar 1 23:50:14 EST 2010

 Well,Here I'm attaching a screenshot. The output of a sample file what i get is like this. It is correct. If i render all in same color the it is correct. Here is a sample code for it.vtkDelaunay2D *del = vtkDelaunay2D::New();del>SetInput(uGrid); // Unstructuredgrid containing scattered xy pointsdel>SetTolerance(0.005);del>Update();vtkContourFilter *cont = vtkcontourFilter::New();cont>SetInputConnection(del>GetOutputPort());cont>GenerateValues(1, 4.5, 4.5);cont>Update();vtkStripper *ps = vtkStripper::New();ps>SetInputConnection( cont>GetOutputPort());ps>Update();Now the output of this stripper contains 16 cells and 198 points. That is also fine. But once i get a contour line as shown in attachment, I need to perform some operation on the entire line by selecting/picking it.But in this case, if i use cell picker, then only one part of the fill line is being picked.. SOwhat can be done to pick the entire line.??ThanksRegardsRakesh Patil Original message From:David Gobbi< david
 .gobbi at gmail.com >Date: 01 Mar 10 18:37:28Subject:Re: [vtkusers] vtkAppendPolyData()..To: Rakesh Patil The filter you are looking for is vtkStripper, it will join the linesegments together.DavidOn Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Rakesh Patilwrote:> Hi VTK Users..>> I want to extract a single contour line from a set of xy points. So to begin> with i used vtkContourFilter class to extract a single contour line of a> particular value. But the output contained n number of lines not a single> line. So I thought of merging them.. So i used,>> vtkAppendPolyData>> class to make it a single line. I get it as a single line but there is a> smal confusion here.. Suppose there are 6 lines. when displaying, the first> point of the 2nd line is connected to the first point of 1st line. similarly> first point of the third line is connected to the first point of the second> line. Thus creating unwanted lines in between..>> Any solution to get rid of this..???>> Thanks>> Regards> Rakesh Patil>>>