[vtkusers] Vtkpcastatistics eigenvectors

David Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Tue Jun 15 15:21:43 EDT 2010

> ... I could never figure out what vtkPCAStatistics does. I got close
> with
> vtkPCAAnalysis:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Broken/vtkPCAAnalysisFilter
>
> Maybe this will give you a starting point. If someone could fix that
> example and/or this one:
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Broken/vtkPCAStatistics
>
> that'd be great.

David

I've changed http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Broken/vtkPCAStatistics
  so that it works for me. Please move it out of "Broken" once you've
verified it works for you. It looks like it was a test, not an example
so it purposefully tried invalid inputs in several places to test
error checking in the implementation. I've removed that so that it is
actually an example.

Also, are the links I sent to Stefan (and the list) enough that you
can figure out what vtkPCAStatistics does? If not, can you say what's
confusing so it can get addressed?

	David