[vtkusers] How to specify the path to VTK in CMake?

André Prins a.h.prins at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 14:17:45 EDT 2010

Dear John,

It was meant as a suggestion to a possible cause... Allow me to explain:

I usually have more than one Vtk-build... Shared and Static or perhaps
a Vtk 5.4 and a 5.6... When I wish to switch from 5.4 to 5.6, I reset
my environment-variables, such that 5.6 is now available (and 5.4 not
anymore).
I then run CMake again in the same build-directory.... (without
cleaning) and it still uses the include-directories and
link-directories of the old 5.4 version.

When I exit Visual Studio (2008), run CMake and reopen the
solution-file or when I first delete my cmakecache it does work.

Michael suggested that he wished to switch from vtk 32-bit to 64-bit,
so to me it appeared to be a similar situation.

Regards,
Andre