[vtkusers] vtkLookupTable

Preeti Bindu preetibindu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:13:24 EDT 2010

Hello All,

I need to assign the colors to independent components of my volume. Can
anyone tell me how do I achieve this? I perform following sequence of
operations:

vtkColorTransferFunction *red = vtkColorTransferFunction :: New();
vtkColorTransferFunction *green = vtkColorTransferFunction :: New();
red->AddRGBPoint(10, 1, 0, 0);
green-> AddRGBPoint(10, 0, 1, 0);
vtkIndependentComponentsOn();
vtkSetIndependentComponents(4);
volumeProperty-> SetColor(1, red);
volumeProperty-> SetColor(2, green);

To this I get a grayscale image as an output. Also can anyone tell me how
can I create a color lookup table, insert colors into it and map them to the
independent components? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Preeti