[vtkusers] vtkClipPolyData with vtkBox doesn't work

Adeline Joliet adeline_joli at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 14 12:29:45 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to cut un polydata using vtkClipPolyData with a vtkBox as implicit function.

my Polydata is simply a rectangle (x = 100, y = 50, z= 20). I'd like to cut this rectangle to obtain
only the part of the middle.. (so i'd like to cut to a right side AND a left side...)

here is the code

 vtkBox * cuting = vtkBox::New();
  double boundy[6];

  //m_image is a vtkImageData that represent a cube (my rectangle polydata interect this cube, so the bounds should be correct...)
  m_image->GetBounds(boundy);

  cuting->SetBounds(boundy);

vtkClipPolyData * clipper = vtkClipPolyData::New();
clipper->SetInput(newPolyData);
clipper->SetClipFunction(cuting);

// and then I display clipper->GetOutput...

the thing is that i tried with vtkPlane and it works... but the problem is that i need if a use
vtkPlane I can cut only One side....

any help would be appreciated,
Than's

Adeline