[vtkusers] Plotting surface contour with overlaid mesh

Ben Medina ben.medina at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:44:15 EST 2010

Hello all,

I have a structured grid, and I want to plot a surface contour with
overlaid grid lines. To get the surface, I have a pipeline like this:
surface grid -> vtkGeometryFilter -> vtkPolyDataMapper -> vtkActor

To get the grid lines, I take the output of the geometry filter and
extract edges:
vtkGeometryFilter -> vtkExtractEdges-> vtkPolyDataMapper -> vtkActor

However, the rendering of the lines clips the surface, leading to poor
output as in the attached image. How can I lift the lines off the
surface to get correct rendering?

Thanks,
Ben