[vtkusers] Read data from a vtkCutter

Hsiang-Chi Kuo hskuo at montefiore.org
Thu Feb 25 01:15:18 EST 2010

Hi dear friends,

I want to cut a volume data (.vtp) at different angle and read the data
out. I applied vtkPlan and vtkCutter on the vtp data, what should I do
next to be able to read the data out? Bellow is part of my code.

vtkSmartPointer<vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader> reader =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader>::New();
  reader->SetFileName(filename.c_str());
  reader->Update();
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPlane> plane = vtkSmartPointer<vtkPlane>::New();
  plane->SetOrigin(-50.3,-84.5,-18.8);
  plane->SetNormal(1,0,0);
vtkSmartPointer<vtkCutter> cutter = vtkSmartPointer<vtkCutter>::New();
  cutter->SetCutFunction(plane);
  cutter->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
  cutter->Update();

Thanks,