[vtkusers] Infovis: Parallel coordinates view/rep/interact example?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 13:17:40 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu> wrote:

> Hey David,
>
> I made a new Infovis section in the Python examples, and added two pieces
> of code (and images):
>
> The first is just using a Parallel Coordinates View on an example data
> set.
>
> I don't know if the second is too obscure for the Wiki, but I figured out
> how to use selections in the parallel coordinates view to define indices to
> extract and view in a standard 3d render window.
>
> Feel free to edit or move things around -- this is my first contribution
> and I'm not sure if I followed all of the correct conventions.
>
> Thanks for working so hard on getting examples up,
> -Eric

Eric,

As far as I'm concerned, nothing is too obscure. As long as it compiles (or
runs in python's case :) ) and has an explanation of what it does, it sounds
good to me. As you said, you "figured something out", so by making it
available, we are (hopefully) making it so that that process should never
have to be duplicated by anyone else.

Thanks for your contribution,

David