[vtkusers] Glyph coloring by vector magnitud

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Mon Feb 22 10:33:49 EST 2010

 Its because you have turned of the scaling mode. When you say, SetScaleModeToDataScalingOff(), all glyphs are rendered of equal length.In the next step, you are saying,SetColorModeToColorByScale();you'll see that all the glyphs are of same scale. Thus, all glyphs are rendered with same color. I think, Once you comment or remove SetScaleModeToDataScalingOff()then, it should work fine..Seniors please correct me if i'm wrong..Good luckRegardsRakesh Patil Original message From:Sebastian Gatzka< sebastian.gatzka at stud.tudarmstadt.de >Date: 22 Feb 10 19:37:52Subject:[vtkusers] Glyph coloring by vector magnitudTo: vtkusers at vtk.orgHello World.Meanwhile I made some nice glyphs, but am stuck with the coloring. I switched on SetColorModeToColorByVector() which may be the coloring by vector magnitude?vtkGlyph3D *glyph vtkGlyph3D::New(); glyph>SetInput(gridCellCenters>GetOutput()); glyph>SetSourceConnection(arrow>GetOutputPort()); glyph>SetScaleModeToDataScalingOff(); glyph>SetColorModeTo
 ColorByScale(); glyph>SetScaleFactor(0.3);Unfortunately all glyphs are colored the same (blue). Do I have to do anything further to get propper coloring? Maybe with the mapper?See you. Sebastian