[vtkusers] Very basic doubt of using vtk in c++

Wagner Sales wsales at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 17:44:11 EST 2010

Hi all,

Keeping out of language choice, I just want to report that's I use
exactly this environment, but I know Qt from years ago.
QtCreator are really a good IDE to a novice. Code completion works
fine, and have a good integration with CMake.
You can open the CMakeLists.txt directly like a project in QtCreator,
will work fine.
But if you are a novice in C/C++, please, take good look inside in the
language. Surely will help you a lot.
And, if you are a novice in Qt, start with single programs with Qt
only, without VTK. Qt have good mechanisms, but are different from a
pure C++ perspective. Examples are signal and slots, meta properties,
and so on. And, IMHO, are the best GUI toolkit available today,
including commercial products.
Well, good luck and we are here to help if possible.

Regards,

Wagner