[vtkusers] How to plot polygon on the sphere

Jim Peterson jimcp at cox.net
Sat Dec 18 12:07:53 EST 2010

David Doria wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 1:55 AM, DONG Li <dongli at lasg.iap.ac.cn> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have calculated the Delaunay triangulation and Voronoi diagram of some data points on the SPHERE. How do I plot them on the sphere? The edge should be spherical great-circle. Any idea?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> DONG Li

Maybe I am missing the lesson we are trying to explore here, but isn't a
spherical great circle the points on the surface of the sphere that
intersect with the plane described by the center of the sphere and the
start and end points and "between" those two points? I think I would
treat it as a clipping problem more than a spacial analysis.

Hope that helps,
Jim