[vtkusers] vtkChartXY picking

nclemeur nclemeur at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 07:46:09 EST 2010

nclemeur wrote:

> ... I might start by trying to subclass the vtkXYChart class

I have tried this approach but it seems that it would be usefull for me to
have access to a method similar to

int vtkChartXY::LocatePlot(const vtkContextMouseEvent &mouse)

it would simply return the index of the first visible plot found under the
mouse.

This method would be really similar to the existing

vtkChartXY::LocatePointInPlots(const vtkContextMouseEvent &mouse)

As a more general feature, maybe it would suffices to have a method to get
the "world" coordinate from the mouse coordinate. I could then use the
method GetNearestPoint on every plot to find the plot that has been clicked
on.  It looks like all te code necessary for that method is already
implemented in vtkChartXY::LocatePointInPlots. Is there any chance to have
this available?