[vtkusers] 2D API with multiple renderers

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Aug 20 10:59:30 EDT 2010

Hey again,

I think having a nice way to place multiple charts in the same scene would be a great feature. I've still never quite "gotten" the plot corners thing in a single chart, and I think being able to have a grid of separate charts in a single scene (or context view) would be very useful and would get around the need to map the interactions into multiple viewports.

If this could be general enough to handle context items and not just charts, that would make it very easy to create widgets/controls for the charts. Since the context items are already built to handle mouse events, it seems natural to have some easy way to make buttons, sliders, etc, which control other parts of the scene, but can be placed without overlapping the chart.

Thanks, and I'll talk to you later,
-Eric