[vtkusers] ActiViz .NET for more recent VTK

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Aug 16 11:12:40 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The PI on a new contract we have been awarded wants to use C# and .NET for
> the visualization and analysis GUI we'll be developing. I have no experience
> in either of these, but I was hoping to use VTK, which I am familiar with,
> for the interactive data exploration and visualization.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows whether Kitware's ActiViz .NET product is
> still currently under development, and might eventually get updated to a
> more recent version of VTK? (The info page states "updated for VTK 5.2".)

The most recently available ActiViz .NET downloads are for VTK version
5.4.2. (What info page says 5.2...? It's out of date wherever it is...)

Eventually ActiViz .NET will be updated to a more recent version. The
mechanism by which that happens is presently under discussion.

Feel free to ping me directly if you need more details than that.

HTH,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.