[vtkusers] ExtractSelectedThresholds

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 19:24:51 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:08 PM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
> It is tested by Graphics/Testing/Cxx/TestExtraction.cxx
>
> You specify a set of thresholds by making up a linear array of min max
> value pairs.
>
> You choose the array that you want to threshold within by assigning
> the name of that thresholds array.
>
> So make up a 1 component wide double array, name it "SelectPoints",
> and InsertValue(0.5), InsertValue(2.0). Then call
> vtkSelectioNode::SetSelectionList(yourthresholdarray).
>
> Then pass the vtkSelectionNode, and the vtkDataSet to
> vtkExtractSelectedThresholds.
>
> David E DeMarle

Thanks for the quick reply David. However, I still don't see
vtkExtractSelectedThresholds at all in
Graphics/Testing/Cxx/TestExtraction.cxx ?

I may be getting closer?
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Broken/ExtractSelectedThresholds

The error now is:
vtkExtractSelectedThresholds (0x9dcde28): Missing or invalid CONTENT_TYPE.

I'm guessing it has to do with this line:
  extract->SetInputArrayToProcess(0,0,0,
    vtkDataObject::FIELD_ASSOCIATION_POINTS, "SelectedPoints");

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David